Her Internship Diary Vol. 3
Hi loves! Here is my third edition of my Internship Diary (and definitely not last!) As you may know, the posts or my “diary” will include; FAQ’s, tidbits of my job, sneak peeks to some JL projects, my growing portfolio of the work I do for her (graphic design), and other lovely goodies! I hope you guys will enjoy it!
The Goods: (my Portfolio)
I make desktop wallpapers for Jennifer’s lovely fans – you can find them on her website under the “fun freebies” section. (It is currently down but you can check out the other wallpapers by reading my Internship Diary Vol. 1 & Vol. 2!!
Q: How was your NYC trip?
A: It was AMAZING!! My dad and I drove there from Windsor, ON – it was about 10+ hours – can you tell we like roadtrips? We went for 8 days, which was definitely not enough! By the eighth day I was exhausted, but I’m saving up and planning another trip. (maybe my first runway show?? DREAM BIG)
Q: If you don’t get paid for your internship, how are you rewarded?
A: By the sheer amount of experience I gain, inspiration, references, art supplies, goodies, lessons, a mentor, etc. And to me, all that is so much greater than money! I’m very grateful.
If you have any questions for me (or Jenn) let me know – either comment here or send them to me via formspring or email. Thanks – we’d love to answer them! (:
What I’ve learned the past few months;
- Always be helpful, humble and friendly!
- Never assume things, communication is key. (I still need to learn this!)
- When you find something you’re passionate about, never give up on it.
- Never, ever give up on your dreams! (never!!)
- How satisfying and fun interning is!
- Interning opens up many opportunities
- How great of a mentor and support system Jennifer is (!!!)
- An artists space must always be clean in order to feel inspired. (in my case at least!)
- I need a air-conditioned studio space for the summer, eek!