The Self Care Tag!
My amazing friend Fab from Snail Mail Love tagged me to answer a few questions on the topic of “self-care” – a topic I absolutely love! Answering questions in general, is one of my favourite things (hint, hint!) so I definitely accept the challenge! Enjoy!
1. What piece of advice would you give a child about to grow up with the pressures of today’s media and its crushing expectations?
Stay true to you. Don’t let anyone dull your sparkle. Cliché but true!
2. What song puts you in a good mood every time?
3. What is the best advice someone gave you or you realized about life?
“This too shall pass” Through my struggles with depression, I’ve realized this to be true… Life goes on, things get better – your bad day (or week or month!) will pass. Just stay strong and don’t give up!
4. Who makes you giggle like a giggle monster?
My friends. Onycha & her sister Heidi. Whenever we get together, we just look at each other and fall into a fit of giggles. I miss them! Also, my humor can be pretty lame – cue the cow with a wig post on facebook. Has anyone seen it? Hilarious!
5. What is something about society that bugs you that you wish didn’t?
Money – I absolutely loathe it. If you know me, you’ve probably heard me say that I wish we could go back to bartering. Of course, that would have its own problems too!
6. What is one of your favorite things to do on the weekends?
This may or may not be popular, but – I’m all about doing nothing. But for me that includes; reading, listening to music, catching up on my shows, shopping, or just laying in bed under the covers! I’m a pro at doing nothing.
7. What is something you’re really proud of that you’ve done?
I’m proud of myself for going to NYC on my own, interning for Jennifer Lilya, and standing in my best friend’s wedding! I’m also proud of the fact that I’ve been able to stay positive throughout the winter months so far. Usually I would be in a depression by now. I’ve come a long way!
8. What is one of your favorite memories with a friend?
Probably the time Lindsey and I went to P.E.I with my dad. It was the longest road-trip we’ve ever been on – but it was amazing! Ahem. Gotta love Guy Penrod! Am I right?
9. What advice would you give to someone who needs a boost in confidence?
Throughout my 24 years, I’ve learned that whoever you surround yourself with is important. If you surround yourself with people who bring you down – you’ll be down. Instead, seek out those who inspire you, those who give you that boost you need. In the long run, it’ll be well worth your while.
10. Lastly, how do you plan on investing in self-love?
I’m going to keep on challenging myself with challenges pertaining to self-love, self-care, self-growth, etc! All the selfies! ;)